Now Anyone can make live PowerPoint presentation using Microsoft Powerpoint 2010 for Free. Since it has many new interesting features. One of the features is broadcasting a live PPT or Powerpoint Presentation on the web. This indeed is a great method to conduct a quick teleconference or a webinar. It’s really simple and completely hassle free for the presenter as well as audience because there is no requirement of installation or registration of any kind in order to be a part of the webinar or teleconference for that matter. The only thing, they need to do, is a visit a link that is sent to them, and that is it, they are watching. Quite amazingly, they even needn’t have a Powerpoint installed on their PCs, any proper functioning browser would work.
So let’s dive into the tutorial.
- Firstly, you need to open a Powerpoint presentation in MS PowerPoint
- Now you need to select the Slide Show Tab and clickBroadcast Slide Show.
- Now a new dialogue box will appear. Click on Start Broadcast as shown in the screenshot below.
- From now on, you would need your Windows Live ID. In case you don’t have one, make sure to sign up first. In the next dialogue box as shown below, enter your valid Windows Live Credentials and click on OK. After clicking OK, you will see that PowerPoint 2010 is preparing broadcast and connecting to PowerPoint Broadcast Service.
- Once the green bar, as shown above, is completed, now MS PowerPoint will display a link as shown below which you can share or send to your viewers. You may copy and paste it into an email or send a tweet,
Click on Start Slide Show when you are ready. In case you are not ready now and want to broadcast later, just click on the cross, i.e., End Broadcast for now.
- Note –When you are in Broadcast View, you won’t be able to perform any changes to your PPT Presentation however you may edit the broadcast options for example resolution, You may also send invitations from here in case you want.
As said earlier, the viewers or your attendees just need to click the link sent by you in order to view or join. In case they click on the link and join even before the slideshow has begun, they will see a message on the screen displaying “Waiting for the Broadcast to Begin” as shown below.
- Once you start the slideshow on your end, the viewers who clicked the link will be able to see the slides or a presentation.
- In a way, this is an excellent and incredibly easy method to set up a live broadcast or webinar However there are some cons. The one and the most important being that this won’t support audio so you will need to setup your own conference call. The next one is the number of attendees who can view the broadcast. The limit is up to 50.
- To be honest, there are better alternatives for this such as join.me which is absolutely free and in fact offers a conference call-in too. Now when you couple that with Google Voice Chat, you have a 100 percent free webinar/conference so you should consider that.
This method is really helpful to everyone. Students and Teachers make use of this features for their project or assignment works. They can start their own Live Powerpoint Presentation right from their homes which are free of cost .
This is a guest post by Sarvesh Darak, who blogs is a passionate tech blogger and blogs about Ipad and iPhone stuff, software tutorials and How to topics on the web conferencing, conference calling, etc.