With the growth in the technology, today, the bloggers have a number of options that they can incorporate them into their blogs so that their blog can be more appealing and rich. Out of them we will be discussing one such option that will enable the bloggers to convert their blog into a podcast for free.
Image Source : link
The text to speech capabilities of the blog can be enhanced using a tool called as Odiogo. It allows the users to listen to the blog posts and even on their Apple devices such as iPod, iTouch, iPad and iPhone.
This cool feature is welcomed by the various sections of the society which are not able to properly read the posts. The tool is expected to benefit the visually impaired and dyslexic persons. These Features are applied to all blogging platform like Blogspot, WordPress, TypePad, terapad. Here are some simple steps that you can follow to get started:
- JoinOdiogo. You will be prompted to enter your blog URL and the Email id. When you submit your credentials then, there will be Feed ID that will be sent to your email
- Next you have to download the player that will enable the speech output. The Odiogo is compatible with a number of blogging platforms like WordPress, Joomla, Blogger and Terapad. Depending on your platform, the following steps will remain more or less same. We will be demonstrating its usage with WordPress platform.
- This step involves uploading of the player on the web server using FTP. Upload this player to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Now login your WordPress account and click on the plugins links on the sidebar and select the Odiogo Listen Button plugin
- Click on the menu Settings and followed by Odiogo Listen Button
- Enter your Odiogo Feed ID that you received from the email and click on the Save button
- Click on the Presentation menu and then click on the Widgets. Drag the Subscription button of the Odiogo from the list of Available Widgets list and simply drop it on the sidebar.
- Finally, click on the Save Changes for the new changes to come into effect.
Once you do all the above steps, your blog will take about four to five minutes to acknowledge and activate the changes that you have done. All your blog posts then are ready to be heard online.
Author Bio: Use Techinlien to quickly and securely access remote users’ screens without any pre-installation on either end of the remote session. With only a few clicks, helpdesk staff are able to connect to clients’ computers in order to diagnose and resolve technical support issues.