Now you can Update Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with XWLS8 Official Firmware since Samsung has finally rolled out the official Android Jelly Bean update for its esteemed Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100. The update is rolled out via Android 4.1.2 XWLS8 firmware. The users living in Europe have started getting the update. If you are living outside Europe and wish to install this official firmware, then you can do so by following this step by step guide. This new firmware comes with features like Butter-Smooth performance, Samsung’s S Cloud services, TouchWiz Nature UX, Galaxy S3 widgets and lots more.
This process may end up with serious damage to your device. If you are working on ROM installation task for first time, then go ahead at your own risk. We shall not be held responsible for any damage by the process.
- You might be having important data in your Android device. As the process may result as data wipe-up, so better to take backup of your important data before starting the process.
- Make sure that the device’s battery is charged for at least 50 percent mark. The more, the better!
- USB Drivers for your Android device should be installed in your PC.
- Make sure that PC that you are going to use, has zip extractor in it.
- You need to enable USB Debugging Mode before starting. Do it by navigating to Settings ->> Applications ->> Development and there check the box next to ‘USB debugging‘.
- Your Samsung Galaxy S2 must be factory unlocked.
Process to update Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with XWLS8 Official Firmware
- Download this XWLS8 firmware from here.
- Download v1.85 of Odin from here.
- Switch off your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 and enter it into Download Mode. You can do so by pressing and holding the buttons Home, Power, and Volume Down together. Tap the Power button again when the Android robot appears on screen.
- Connect your Galaxy S2 to PC with the help of USB Cable. Make sure that the Odin is running on your PC before connecting your device with computer.
- The Odin will detect the connection and one of ID:COM boxes will turn yellow once the connection is built.
- Proceed as follow to select files to flash.
Click the ‘PDA’ button and select file ‘CODE’.
Tap the ‘Phone’ button and select ‘MODEM‘.
Hit the ‘CSC’ button and choose file named ‘CSC’.
Click the ‘PIT’ button and select .pit file.
- Check the Re-Partition box if you have select .pit file, otherwise check only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes.
- Click on ‘Start’ in Odin. Installation will start. Your Galaxy S2 will restart on completion of installation.
That’s it. You are done with process to update Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with XWLS8 Official Firmware.