Drivers are the software devices which connect the hardware devices found in the system. If the drivers are not installed properly or corrupted then it causes minor glitches in the system behavior. Below given is a fool proof mechanism to fix Dell driver issues. Lets find out how to analyze driver faults and find out how to overcome it.
What is Making my Dell Go Crazy
You can easily understand there is a fault in your system when you can see the video playing with no audio, the display looks different or when there is unstable internet connectivity, all of a sudden. The above given examples may indicate a problem with your system drivers but double check the issues by entering into your device manager. Dell customer care charges a fortune to fix such minor issues. Follow these simple steps to revive your Dell back to its original form.
Steps To Be Followed
- Click on Start, go to Control Panel, and double click on the System icon.
- When the System Properties window pops up, choose the Hardware tab, and then click on Device Manager.
- If you find yellow exclamation mark against any device in the Device Manager window, it indicates that there is a problem with a particular driver.
- Note down the drivers that are at fault to restore them.
Ways to Restore Dell Driver
- Dell computers come with a drive CD/DVD. It is very easy to restore the drivers if you have the CD/DVD because all you need to do is pop in the CD,
- choose the drivers that needs to be reinstalled and let it do the rest of the work.
- Do not worry if you are not able to find the drivers as Dell website has a copy of all the drivers in their database.
- Login to the official Dell website (www.dell.com) and go to the support section.
- Click on Drivers & Download and choose your Dell model along with the operation system.
- It will list out all the compatible driver downloads. You have already created the list of drivers that needs to be installed in your system.
- Download those drivers and ensure that you have saved the file in a retrievable location.
- Once downloaded, double click on the file and let it install.