Just a few years back Wi-Fi was considered a premum feature in mobile phones. Now even entry level mobiles are coming equipped with Wi-Fi. Using Wi-Fi we can enjoy free internet on our mobiles in Wi-Fi hotspots. But what if you don’t have a Wi-Fi hotspot near by or don’t have a Wi-Fi router . We can still share our internet computer’s internet connection with other Wi-Fi equipped devices like mobile phones, iPad, iPod touch etc. For this we need to use a freeare called Connectify. Connectify turns a laptop to a Wi-Fi hotspot. It shares computer’s internet connection with other computer,mobiles etc. It’s very easy to configure and use. We just need to select the internet connection to share internet connection securely or open. Connectify works on computers running Windows 7 operating system with compatible Wi-Fi adapters.
- First download Connectify and install it
- Now start it, you will notice it’s icon in system tray.
- In Connectify click on Start Easy Setup Wizard
- Give a name for the network
- Select a strong password for the network
- Now select the internet connection you want to share via Wi-Fi
- Click on Finish to start Wi-Fi hotspot