Google docs is a cloud hosting services where you can host your documents, spreadsheets online and Download . Its free of cost to use those services and you need only the gmail account to login and upload the documents, spreadsheets. Now If you find an very informative document and spreadsheets which is shared on google documents which to be downloaded into your computer. So in this tutorial we can download the shared documents ,spreadsheets which is uploaded on google docs .
Tutorial- For Downloading Shared Spreadsheet
- Log on to your gmail account.
- Find a spreadsheet to be downloaded , let the link be this for example.
- The above link is shared and it should be downloaded. So For downloading the spreadsheet we don’t need any software , we have to add extra i.e. “output=xls” . you have to place “output=xls” very next to symbl “&”.
- After placing “output=xls” add the entire code , the link will be like this
- Now paste it in Address bar and press enter . The spreadsheet will be downloaded .
Tutorial- For Downloading Shared Document
- Log on to your google account.
- Find the shared document to be downloaded which is hosted on google docs .
- The url of the doc looks like this
- Now replace the URL with the new URL
- Format means replace with the pdf, doc, oo (for open office document format), txt ,rtf.
- Now paste the URL in the address bar and the document will be downloaded in your computer .
Other way to Download
- The other way to download the shared documents and spreadsheets for non-programmers is very easy.
- Click on “File ” which is present to top left . Then you will get drop down menu in there you can find an option “Download as”
- Hence you can download file in Csv (current Sheet), Html, Text, Excel , open office format, PDF
Finally you can download the spreadsheets, documents in your computer. Now saved documents can be opened without any internet .